- To enable the candidate to be a competent Physiologist (Teaching & Research)
- To design, conduct and draw inferences from research in Physiolog
A Candidate upon successfully qualifying in the M.D (Physiology) examinations, should be able to
- Be a competent physiologist
- Effectively teach undergraduates & postgraduates of medical, paramedical students the basic physiological mechanisms of human body, with reference to their implications in the pathogenesis of diseases (pathophysiology) and the physiological basis of their management.
- Conduct Clinical & Experimental research which would have significant bearing on human health and patient care.
- Interact with the clinical departments by rendering services in advanced laboratory investigations
- Acquire skills in conducting collaborative research in the field of physiology and allied sciences
- Design, fabricate and use indigenous gadgets for experimental purposes.